Thursday, July 18, 2013

Venizea

I boarded the bus for Venice Tuesday at 10 AM armed with snacks and the Italian job downloaded on my iPad in anticipation for the 8 hour bus ride from Geneva to Venice! Already dreading the long bus ride, the day took a turn for the worst when we started smelling oil inside the bus. To make a long story short, there was an oil leak on the bus which required us to camp out at a rest stop in the middle of no where for 5 1/2 hours while our bus got fixed. It definitely wasn't the highlight of the trip, but we were able to pass the time pretty quick and get back on our bus ride to Venice!
All the oil leaking from our bus! Not good!

We arrived late Tuesday night and went straight to bed because we only have 1 day in Venice! We got up and hit the ground runnin, trying to see all that we could see in one day!
Literally every inch of this city is so picturesque it's unbelievable. I feel like I need someone to pinch me to make sure not dreaming 






St Marks Square


We stumbled upon this amazing art festival going on in Venice right now. It's called the La Biennale DI Venezia. Artist refer to this festival as the Olympics of the art world. Every country is represented and created a different exhibit of modern art. It was amazing. I loved every minute of it and was thinking of my sister Natalie the entire time wishing she was there with me. The picture above was from an exhibit which involved gold coins raining from the ceiling.


Some of my favorites from the exhibits.

Another exhibit contrasting light from dark... It was all pretty funky, but really amazing.

Then we stopped for some pretty amazing gelato!


Literally every inch takes your breath away!

The girls!

The famous gondola ride on the Grand Canal!


Love them 

I ended my night in Venice by attending a  Vivaldi concert in a gorgeous old church tucked away in a quiet part of Venice. I was wishing my mom and Steph were with me the entire time! I was sending my love to you throughout the concert :)



Off to Florence in the morning!
Love you all so much and thanks for reading!

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-26at111543AM.png

No comments:

Post a Comment